The Vapir No2 vaporizer has been out for quite some time now(I think its been around since early 2010), and I’ve had the pleasure of using it on a more than a handful of occasions now. I feel it was time to do this “handheld” some justice and give it a proper review. If you noticed I put the word handheld in quotes, this unit is bit more bulkier than other “portables”. I feel that this may be the reason that it usually gets overlooked. Its slightly larger size makes it more difficult to be a pocket vaporizer and to be more discreet.
Make no mistake the No2 vaporizer by Vapir is a beast of a unit that can compete with any other vaporizer out there. In fact, this unit has even been endorsed by Willie Nelson. If anyone knows a good vaporizer it would be this man. He’s been in the game probably longer than I’ve been alive. Random Fact: If I could meet/have lunch with any three people I think I would pick Willie as one of them.
Here is a clip from the Howard Stern show where Willie talks about vaporizing. He starts talking about vaporizing at around the 1:17 mark.
Anyway, back to the Vapir No2 review. The first thing you’ll probably notice is it size. Yes, it is bigger than some of the newer vapes that we have covered so this is something you will need to take into consideration when buying. If you need to be discreet/stealthy it may not be the best fit. If you’re looking for a vaporizer to take with you to bars, concerts, or any other place where a lot of people might be around you might want to think twice. However, I found it perfect for camping and hiking. Just use your brain people, stay safe.
Really, the only downside of the NO2 is it size.
What We Like About It
- Vapor Quality – The vapor production of the No2 is insane and honestly can compete right up their with any other vaporizer, even the higher priced units like the VaporBlunt 2.0 and Solo.
- Ease of Use – Not complicated at all, very simple design that anyone could figure out how to use it. You have a power button on the side, and a red button on the front. Other than that there is just two other buttons( – and +) to control the temperature setting.
- Charge and Use(at same time) – Unlike some other units, you can actually plug in/charge it while you use it. I’ve found that this came in handy in the morning. Usually whenever I had a long night, and ended up forgetting to recharge it.
- Temperature Setting – An LCD display, let’s you know the exact temperature you are vaping at. You can also switch it between Fahrenheit and Celsius. The manual you get with it, recommends you have the temperature between 375-385 degrees Fahrenheit. After playing around with the settings a bit we used ours around 360 – 365 degrees. I felt that 385 was a bit much, and it almost burnt the product inside.
What We Didn’t Like About It
- Device Size – At the time of its release it was revolutionary and cutting edge. Since then newer models have came out that are bit more smaller. It is still a great handheld and will fit in your purse/book bag. Just don’t get one on the plans of carrying it around in your pocket.
- Chamber Size – With the size of the unit itself you’d expect the chamber to maybe accommodate a bit more material. Now this isn’t a issue if you are the only one vaporizing. However, if you have a group vaping session going on. You’re going to have to stop and refill.
When this first released back in 2010, I think it sold for something like $299! Lucky for you, like most things with time stuff because cheaper and cheaper. You can get one from an authorized dealer for $179.99. If you’re looking to buy the Vapir No2 vaporizer I recommend checking out these guys. They always hook you up and if there is ever any problems they will make things right. While you’re at it I would grab an extra pack of screens too unless you want to mess around with scraping and cleaning your screen. It much easier and quicker to just throw them out and be done with it. The kit comes with 4 screens, but you can buy like a pack of 20 for a couple more bucks.
What Comes in the Kit
Here’s all what comes with it:
- The Vapir No2 vaporizer
- 4 Replacement Screens
- Tube Attachment
- Wall Charger
- Cleaning Brush
- Stirring Sticks
Although this is not the newest or latest, it is a classic and a solid piece. For the price you really can’t complain either. It produces great vapor and can compete with any of the other big names(that have a higher price tag).
You just need to decide how, when, and where you plan on using it. If you’re not looking for something to stuff into your pocket then it is one definitely something you should consider.